Thursday, November 16, 2006

Space War Class Relationship Diagram

I was pleasantly suprised that Microsoft has released such a complete example to illustrate the capability of the XNA framework. Enuff said.


As my first look at the Space War example, I have mapped out the class relationships. Specifically, the inheritance relationships between the classes. I have outlined a few 'containment' relationships as well where they don't clutter up the diagram.

Let me know if it is of any help to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work, dude. Did you do it all manually?

efron said...

Thanks. I am not sure if I understand your question correctly, but I think you are asking how I traced the relationship. Well, yes. But it is not that hard. It takes some time but it is do-able.

If you look at the class definition for say, SpacewarGame:
partial class SpacewarGame : Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game
{
//rest of class code goes here
}

The ':' means that SpacewarGame 'extends' the 'Game' class defined in the XNA framework.

Hope that helps.

PS: From what I gather at the Microsoft forums, Visual Studio Pro can generate such a diagram automatically too.